We’re not your typical recruiters; in fact, we have worked across all domains of the HR landscape: having worked in-house, supported in a consultancy remit and unsurprisingly we have been candidates ourselves too. And this leaves us uniquely placed to understand the challenges along the entire recruitment process.
Moreover, our experience is vast. We initially entered the marketplace in 1991 as a specialists in HR function recruitment and consultancy. But news soon spread; our clients began requesting support with assignments across other functions and we found ourselves recruiting for a wide array of other roles too. This is now second nature to us, and from one week to the next we can find ourselves recruiting for all levels of seniority (entry-level to Director-level), across the spectrum of contract types (permanent, fixed term, interim cover) and across a plethora of industries and brands.
HR Business Partners
Employee Relations Specialists (all levels)
Learning and Development Specialists (all levels)
Reward and Benefits Specialists (all levels)
Talent and engagement professionals
HR Administration/Shared HR Services
HR Systems Specialists
HR Programme and Project Staff
IT Senior Managers
IT Senior Managers
People say our approach to recruitment is what sets us apart from our competition. Every brief is different. But whether big, small, internal or external recruitment is required our approach remains the same. Bolstered by passion and injected with our unique value set.
- We listen – part of getting it right is understanding the essence of what our clients are looking for (as well as understanding the career ambitions of our candidates). We drill down on core competencies, client strategy, as well as cultural fit requirements, to ensure when we start looking, we have your ideal candidate already in mind.
- We explore – then we embark on finding a pool of suitable candidates. Using a combination of research and relying on gut-instinct we compile an initial list of talent.
- We connect & uncover – then we do what we do best. We spend time getting to know our talent and understanding their ambitions and skill set. In short, whether they will fit the brief. This is the step that most sets us apart from our peers as we really care about helping candidates make the right career decisions that will propel them on the next stage of their journeys.* As well as ensuring the correct business-to-person cultural fit.
- We match – finally once we know our clients brief and prospective candidates inside out, we provide our clients with a shortlist of talent to interview. Sometimes this can be a case of putting just one candidate forward, as we can be THAT sure.
- We support – once our clients are ready to make their offers of employment, we ensure we are able to advocate on our candidate’s behalf, ensuring the terms defined and the transition of the candidate to their new place of work is as seamless as possible.
* Candidates are very important to us and at MSHR, we place a high emphasis on positive candidate experience. We strive incredibly hard to get the right match between candidate and prospective employer, (I know everyone says this, but our clients say we really do!) we ensure candidates are well informed, and we are available to them 24/7 to assist them through the recruitment process. We have helped some of our candidates in their search for roles on repeated occasions throughout their careers, and in some cases, our candidates have become our clients, and vice versa.
Aside from recruitment we also operate as an HR Consultancy. Supporting all manner of organisations with HR and people development activity.
Through our own experience of working in HR departments and for different businesses, we live the values that our business is based on to ensure that we work effectively with clients, understanding their unique challenges and developing solutions that support organisational and commercial objectives.
This work can span a huge variety of work but is not limited to:
- Developing effective HR functions
- Assessment design and delivery, psychometric testing
- Managing large scale recruitment campaigns
- Organisation design, reorganisation, people change projects
- Leadership, management and HR team development
- Executive search assignments
- Reviewing and developing HR policies and procedures
- Talent management
- Job Evaluation
- Investigations relating to employee relations issues
- Coaching and facilitating teams
- HR advice and guidance on employee related matters
Please see our Case Studies for further details
I have partnered with MSPS for more than 25 years and across four organisations. The qualities that have made them stand out from other search firms is their personalised service, a real desire to understand my company, coupled with a tenacious desire to find me the very best person. For these reasons I’ve come back and back over the years to ask for their help when facing a challenging talent requirement.
I have worked with MSHR for a number of years and have been very impressed by the service we receive and the quality of candidates. MSHR work closely with us to understand the roles we are recruiting for and the sort of people we need, in terms of their technical expertise, their experience and their overall capability. I get a small number of well selected CVs to review and invariably the quality of candidates is excellent, with a clear match to the role. I look forward to continuing to work with MSHR in the future.
MSHR has been instrumental in securing a number of important hires for ARCUS since our inception, 10 years ago. MSHR has a flexible, professional and tenacious approach, and have sourced some good people for us in a broad range of roles, sometimes for very challenging recruitment assignments which have been difficult to fill through other suppliers. I would not hesitate to recommend MSHR to other organisations looking to hire high calibre, talented individuals.
I discovered MSHR when I was approached about an opportunity and was immediately impressed with the fresh approach. Sure, there was genuine interest shown in getting to know me and what I was looking for, but what was different was the passion, integrity, flexibility and commitment shown throughout. I now work ‘client-side’ with MSHR and can see why there’s such a long-standing relationship in place, due to their relentless commitment in finding great talent who aren’t just right for the role, but who will also relate to the culture and people they’ll be working alongside.
I have known and worked with MSHR for 4 years both as a candidate and in a hiring position. MSHR have an uncanny perception to identify candidates that not only fit the published job specifications, but also get the vision and culture. The roles that MSHR sourced for me all needed to be effective on day one, so preparation for all roles was completed during the recruitment process which saved time and expense; true added value. MSHR also proved to be an invaluable partner during an outplacement project and lent their expertise, without charge, to prepare candidates for external interview. I consider MSHR to be an enduring professional partner going beyond recruitment alone; included as a trusted and essential part of the team.
MSHR were so, so, different to other recruitment companies that had approached me, I found Mary to be engaging and passionate. I was given excellent advise on how to highlight my best attributes and experience. They had an in-depth knowledge of their client, but more importantly made me feel confident in meeting with that client because of their success rate with them. So, I had an almost innate feeling that I would be a suitable fit for the organisation. It was such a refreshing experience! I have since in my new role gotten staff of the highest calibre for various positions within my new company from MSHR and enjoyed the engagement just as much from the other side of the table. Thank you again for providing an all-round excellent service which has tailored to all my job hunt and recruitment needs.
Discovering MSHR during my hunt for a new job was a pleasant surprise… having felt like just another “number” when dealing with other recruitment consultancies, MSHR actually made me feel like a person in my own right. They took time to get to know me and find out specifically what it was I wanted to do to ensure the job they put me forward for was the right one. I had never, and have not since, come across any other recruitment consultancies that offer such a friendly, specialised and professional service. It has been over 4 years now and I am still enjoying the job that MSPS placed me in.
My relationship with MSHR is long-standing, stretching back over 25 years and over this time I have always evidenced outstanding results and seen MSHR deliver an exceptional candidate experience, which has been imperative for our organisation.
MSHR are a long standing supplier, who has successfully placed candidates with me within 2 Rail Organisations that I have worked in. I would be pleased to recommend MSHR to others wishing to hire good quality candidates. I have worked with Mary as a hiring manager and have always considered MSHR a reputable organisation which can be relied upon to understand the requirements of the vacancy, thoroughly vet candidates before submission and brief them well before face to face interviews.
My introduction to MSHR came several years ago, when they helped me to find a new role i.e. as a candidate myself! I was placed by MSHR at Heathrow Airport, where the candidate experience throughout the recruitment process and subsequent to my appointment left me impressed with MSHR as an organisation. Our working relationship has continued ever since, most recently MSHR have successfully provided candidates for roles at RUSH. MSHR have a very good grasp of what the client needs, and work diligently to provide candidates who not only meet the specification on paper, but are also a good fit with the business.